Wednesday, July 6, 2011

USA USA USA

I'm back from my sojourn in China, and what better season to restart my long neglected blogger blog than in the apple-pie cookout and lemonade season of July? I can't believe it's been nearly a year since last I blogged here. Living in China, blogspot services were blocked (along with lots of other nice websites many of us enjoy such as Facebook and YouTube), but that doesn't mean I was silent! I had so many adventures and there is just so much I want to say about Chinese fashion and what it's like to readjust.  If you're curious about that 10 month gap, check out the weebly blog I kept during my time in China, May Go Wren. I'm also using tumblr regularly so please follow me there!



I never lose an opportunity to go all out in theme, so naturally this 4th of July was no exception. I'm wearing old faithful cutoffs, which might be approaching the end of their lives evidenced by the slowly expanding holes including in the butt-region. Also a crop top tee that I purchased in China and slip on shoes also purchased in China. The bag is vintage macrome and fringe. I think I was going for a kind of 70s free spirit wild child kind of vibe.



I'll be honest. It's kind of hard being back. Everything is weird and different to me, somehow both the same and not quite how I left it. But I am super happy about starting a new kickass life here and getting reaquanted with all the old blogs and maybe some new ones too. If any of my readers are still out there: Thank you!

4 comments:

La Fille D'or said...

I'm a new reader - in the sense that I "found" your May Go Wren blog via flickr. : ) I enjoyed reading about your adventures in china - and I'm sure I'll enjoy reading about your adventures here as well : )

-Suzz

Unknown said...

That's so sweet! I had no idea anyone paid attention to the May Go Wren blog. I am honored to have such a cute, stylish reader. Your blog is adorable, I am following right away.

La Fille D'or said...

Oh my gosh- I wishh I'd found May Go Wren sooner! I caught on kind of late : (



I taught English in Japan. Didn't make it to visit China - which I would have liked, but did go to Korea : )

Unknown said...

so jealous as usual of your colorful nail polish and so happy that i am at starbucks stalking you right now! i can't wait til we get internet at our apt and i can see zombie lace every day! xoxo

hop on