Friday, July 15, 2011

Mexican prints for summer






Something that did not change in China: Georgia Summers are freakin hot! So I've eschewed structured clothing and opted for nice flowing breathable pieces like this simple top from Love Culture. I went through a hippie stage in High School and never imagined I'd be going back, but I am just loving these Native American esque prints I'm seeing around.... it makes me want to buy one of those Mexican wool blankets (zarapes) and decorate my new apartment with cow skulls and dream catchers on my walls.

Image source: Mex and the City


I'm not the only one who is in this mood. One of the only things I've posted on tumblr to go "viral" (I might be using that term loosely) is this "Aztec Pastel fabric leather backpack" I found on Black Luna's flickr. It has over 4,000 notes on it, which, even though it's not MY backpack, still instills me with a little ridiculous pride.

4 comments:

La Fille D'or said...

Thank you for your comment! I have to say I do love that backpack! and you shoes! I like the print on the top as well - really it's a great outfit for keeping cool! I'm jealous of your summer weather : )
It's 58 degrees here. Not summer like at all- but San Francisco/ Bay Area summers are pretty much the worst.

Libby said...

I love these navajo prints, and that top does look really nice for your hot weather! I especially love the backpack!

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

I love these prints too, Katie - love your top!
Doesn't it surprise you how much boho/neo-hippie revives itself again and again. I always think the same thing: well that's the last time I'm going to wear slouchy boots and fringe – and it never is.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend (ps- isn't it amazing how cool it is today?!)

Alina Albert said...

I love summer because in summer i can experiment of all design and dresses.All photos and dresses are awesome in the post.I buy mostly dresses with Amazon Coupon.

hop on