Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIS.


Summer days spent in
back-porch shade with lavender
tea and lemonade.



This maxi dress and crop top combo is very fashionable in China right now. I've Americanized my rendition by adding moccasins and my vintage macrome bag, where a Chinese girl might style it with wedges or even converse all star, and a big square clutch in a lovely bright color. Possibly.

I love the random little "WIS." on the breast pocket. Lots of clothes in China are adorned with "English" words, and I frame that in quotations because they often aren't quite words. Like "WIS.".... what does it mean? Why the period? Is it short for Wisconsin? Or did that combo of letters just look neat to someone?



Wearing
Dress and top: China
Moccasins: Cherokee, NC
Hat: Thrifted
Bag: Was my ma's
Dog: Belongs to my parents

Ah beautiful back-porch lounging, interrupted only by the occasional trip to walk the dog.

6 comments:

Bad Joan said...

Love your maxi dress and how you layered it with a t-shirt! And love your bag!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com

Ena said...

The maxi dress and cropped top combination is very trendy here in Japan too. You wear it so well!

And we have those T-shirts with strange English on them too, but I don't know how those words are chosen, haha.

*Ena*

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

I love your recent US take on Chinese fashion, Katie! That shirt is to funny! I love how minimal the design is - even the mysterious WIS. (Cath and I noticed the same "English" phrases in Spain which surprised us - seems like Spanish/English translators would have a pretty easy time of it ;).
p.s. Thanks for the sweet comments about the styled shoot and my wedding- totally made my day!

chelsea said...

I adore the stripes!

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I love the way you styled this dress like the hat and the top and of course the sunnies are brilliant! very chic! xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks for following! I'm following you back!
Love your moccassins!
xoxo

hop on