Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home Sweet Dress

This is an outfit I wore last week to go to dinner and a play, my welcome home celebration with my family.  The play was Avenue Q at Horizon Theatre in Little Five Points and it was amazing, if not amusingly awkward to watch puppet sex scenes while sitting next to your father.




This outfit is a very "Chinese" Summer look due to the ultra-feminine, almost childlike cut of the lace dress, and the towering heels. The only American touch is the addition of my vintage fringe bag. A Chinese girl wearing this outfit might pair it with some kind of super trendy purse with lots of little trinkets hanging off of it. Also the hair is a bit plain for China, lacking all the sparkly or adorable clips and barrets I grew to admire over the past year. Despite the Chinese influence, I'm still a sucker for a simple low side-pony.



Thanks for taking the pics, ma!
Post a Comment

subscribe by email

hop on