Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home Sweet Dress

This is an outfit I wore last week to go to dinner and a play, my welcome home celebration with my family.  The play was Avenue Q at Horizon Theatre in Little Five Points and it was amazing, if not amusingly awkward to watch puppet sex scenes while sitting next to your father.




This outfit is a very "Chinese" Summer look due to the ultra-feminine, almost childlike cut of the lace dress, and the towering heels. The only American touch is the addition of my vintage fringe bag. A Chinese girl wearing this outfit might pair it with some kind of super trendy purse with lots of little trinkets hanging off of it. Also the hair is a bit plain for China, lacking all the sparkly or adorable clips and barrets I grew to admire over the past year. Despite the Chinese influence, I'm still a sucker for a simple low side-pony.



Thanks for taking the pics, ma!

8 comments:

Isabel said...

Cutest dress!

chelsea said...

So, I had promised to follow your China adventures and I didn't.
I'm sorry.
But I am back to following this one!
Super cute dress.

La Fille D'or said...

Whoa - love that dress! You're right that there is sort of this fun over the top-ness about style in Asia that we really don't see in the day to day street styles in the states.

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Love it and your American touches! Oh and welcome back!!!

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Love it and your American touches! Oh and welcome back!!!

Unknown said...

cutie!

Eyeliah said...

dreamy hippie look!

marion said...

Hey girl I love your dress! thanks for your comment on my blog^^ (You speak well french! not like me^^)
Have a nice day!

hop on