Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Eve with the Peach

I was so excited to have a cocktail party for the New Year because it gave me an excuse to pull out one of my favorite vintage dresses! This shiny festive dress is from the 80's, I got it in a vintage shop in Austin, TX a few years ago... That's one of the best things about vintage: no matter how many years go by after it is purchased, it will always remain fabulous!
Photobucket

Dress: Vintage
Stockings: Gap
Shoes: thrifted
Clutch: thrifted
Necklace: My roommate's.

(As much as I love the outfit, please do excuse the face!! Ha ha).

Down Town was a mad house, filled to the brim with people up and down Peachtree Street and overflowing from Underground Atlanta. You can see how the crowd goes on as far as the eye can see in either direction.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
(That white tower in the background near the coke sign is the peach drop... it's as close as we could get it was so packed!)


Perhaps it could be argued that a little too much fun was had by certain parties. You should have seen my apartment the next morning! But I maintain that any evening that ends fully clothed in the bathtub while being serenaded from a toilet seat, is an evening well spent!


Photobucket

I hope everyone else had an equally wonderful New Years. It was a magical evening which I am confident means that 2009 will be a magical year. Things are tough but we have a lot to look forward to, especially in this country.

3 comments:

chelsea said...

I just love that last photo. It's like a scene from a quirky movie. The only way it could have been better is if it were a clawfoot tub.

Unknown said...

hah, thanks dearilou... I WISH it were a clawfoot tub, how amazing would that be??

Joe Pettis said...

No, the only thing that could have made this better is if Stephen was throwing up in the toilet at the same time.

hop on