Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Gray-Brown Challenge!

A while ago, Emily from Like Lilly Vintage invited me to participate in a challenge to create an outfit based around brown and gray. I suppose some people argue that brown and gray don't go together, but I set out to prove this notion false!

Photobucket Photobucket
Dress: Thrifted. It's actually a long wool skirt I've had for several years but I finally wised up and realized what a perfect dress it makes.
Belt: Vintage.
Tights: Gap.
Brown oxfords: Vintage from the 40's
Purse: Thrifted.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Shirt: Forever 21.
Vest: H&M.
Scarf: vintage find.
Jeans: Dollhouse brand, I've had them forever and altered them into skinny jeans.
Tights: Gap.
Church boy shoes: Thrifted.

Photobucket Photobucket
Shirt: Forever 21.
Jumper: A boutique in Paris.
Tights: Gap.
Peep toe pumps: Vintage from the 50's, found in Cincinnati.

See? Look how great gray and brown go together, they love each other! Take that, gray-brown nay-sayers!

8 comments:

Em said...

WOW awesome job!! All of these outfits are adorable! Thank you so much for taking the time to prove this! You did such a better job at this than me :) I love how you took that thrifted skirt and made it a dress. You looks amazing.

Much Love, xoxo

chelsea said...

I ADORE the last outfit. That jumper is so chic!

Anonymous said...

Ok I was wrong. This skirt/dress is amazing !!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I happened upon your site in viewing your pictures on Flickr.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I REALLY liked your New Years outfit. You look VERY Sexy in that dress and those patterned tights.

I also like the photos of you in the current outfit you have posted. You look very cute.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the comments, fellow beautiful people!! I'm glad that I was able to garner some approval for the brown-gray relationship :~)

Eyeliah said...

I like gray and brown together too. Hmm, I'll check if I have an example.
http://stylesymmetry.com/2008/11/14/nemrespobjecodnedjelje-inspiration/
http://stylesymmetry.com/2008/04/15/the-return-of-the-teal-sweater/

Yay, I found two. :-)

Anonymous said...

Incredible but true, brown and gray go together! xD' Great job!

Lynda said...

YAY! I was just googling "brown gray outfit" and stumbled upon your blog. I am attending a memorial service this weekend, and needed something formal and somber but not depressing... so I went shopping for a nice top to go with a dark brown skirt I own. Well I bought a cute gray 3/4 sleeve mock-turtle with buttons up the neck, and my mom was telling me that brown and gray don't go together.
But I think they can, and thanks for proving the point! ADORABLE outfits... and well done. It's all about having the right brown and the right gray!

hop on