Tuesday, December 27, 2011

sun dance

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wearing:
Vintage swimsuit from Kudzu Antiques
Oversize cardigan stolen from mama
Vintage scarf
Anne Taylor Loft outlet flip flops
Vintage Tennessee Aquarium canvas tote uncovered in parents' attic.
I call it a dance because I balanced my camera, set the timer, then pranced into the frame for a quick shot before retreating back into the safety of shade again. As you probably know, I prefer to stay more covered up under the UV rays, but I just had to show off my vintage swimsuit! I got it at Kudzu Antiques in Atlanta for pretty cheap (I think around $10); the cheapness was probably due to the strange bra-shell. It's got a firm lining that's a bit puckered and wrinkled with age, but that kind of thing doesn't really bother me. It's got plenty of peach-toned preciousness to outweigh the flaws. Maybe next summer I'll treat myself to an Esther Williams original.

P.S. I know for a woman who claims to shun flip flops on principal, I've been wearing these Anne Taylor Loft ones a lot lately. What can I say? I dig the bows, and December in Florida changes a person. Perhaps the sun has gone to my head :)

Stay warm, lovelies! 

18 comments:

Clara Turbay said...

Good ideas and wonderful pictures!

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Leslie Quiros said...

I am so jealous you are still at the beach. I just got back from Panama but I had no second to tan or lay by the beach. Cute scarf btw :)

xoxo
LMQ

mispapelicos said...

Lovely pics.
Enjoy the sea and the sun.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

just me said...

oh beach photos... :) so nice!!!

GIVEAWAY
http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

Loretta said...

lovely photos and outfit. x

www.vintagewalls.blogspot.com

This Charming Style said...

Wow, awesome photos! And I am totally in love with your vintage swimwear too! xx

Alina said...

Great pictures!I bet you had fun!

Lydia Armstrong said...

I'm jealous A, of that adorable swimsuit, and B, that you can actually wear it this time of year. Cute pics.

whitney said...

Love your swimsuit! Such gorgeous photos :)

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Oh the sun! These are so beautiful. x hivennn

Ashley Isaacs said...

adorable swimsuit, I love it!!!!xx


hushhushcloset.blogspot.com

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Katie you look gorgeous! I love the actual vintage suit (so much better than the cheesey faux-vintage ones you see around these days). I am tres jealous of the sun and the beach in your photos too. Being in Scotland for just four months I already forgot there are places that can look like that ;)
Hope you are having the most wonderful of holidays!
xoxox,
Lar

Mariana Glez said...

Que bonita.
Feliz año nuevo.!!!

Eyeliah said...

That 1st photo is so super cute! Happy New Year

xo

Rachel Louisa. said...

That swimsuit is amazing - so cute and classy all at once, and the colour is perfect for you!
Like the ukelele sneaking into the shot, too.

Happiest of New Years to you! :)

STYLE MARMALADE said...

Love the retro swimsuit! I can believe you are still on the beach! Florida looks amaizing! The sea is beautiful! Happy New year! x

Anita Buaket said...

like your blog!

Bla bla said...

lovely outfit and pictures !!! wow, you're at the beach, no winter!!!! enjoy!!!
Cheers
Anika

hop on