Wednesday, December 14, 2011

nailed it


How about a little gray and gold for the holidays? It's been a while since I've shared one of my silly manicures so I thought I'd go ahead and show you this not-so-great photograph of my latest nail job.

My sister and I were on a sister-date, and we were going to go to our usual haunt, Sugarcoat in VH... but they were full! So we quickly rallied and took our crying cuticles to Midtown Nails where they treated us right. It was more of your typical asian nail place, with a lot of activity and the sound of a TV on in the background, but they were super sweet and did a great job.  A slightly older lady did my hands, and she threw in a nice shoulder rub. Fabulous!! The price is right, and there are plenty of technicians available (is that what you call nail salon employees?), so no worries about a wait.

7 comments:

Blace said...

I never thought to do grey and gold together...thanks for the inspiration. This looks excellent!

http://tinyaltars.blogspot.com

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

I love your nails! Nails are so much fun, and so easy to change up! Take care.

Rachel Louisa. said...

Pretty original and excellent colour combo, I like it! The contrast brings out the best in each shade :)

Jacqueline Ashley said...

I've never seen grey and gold put together like this. Wow, it looks amazing!

xx

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Oh, I love the one golden nail, it really stands out :)
I wish I had a sister to go on sister dates with...

Teddi said...

hello holiday gorgeous nails! nice to make your acquaintance. :)

Unknown said...

Heart. I know what I'm doing for New Year's now!

http://notyourgrandfathersbeautypageant.blogspot.com

hop on