Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the skirt, the sea, the sun

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you don't easily tire of windy gifs... or pictures of girls in gigantic sun hats and flowing skirts looking pensively towards the sea... because I just can't help myself when it comes to some things!  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wearing:
Floral maxi skirt found in a thrift store in NC
Lace crop top: Easy peasy DIY with scissors and thrifted top
Sun hat: stolen from mama with a vintage scarf wrapped around
The sun is my friend. I love the sun. It grows the food I eat and allows Jupiter beach to be 70 degrees in late December. But I'm not very into "getting sun" as you may have surmised. I actually removed my giant black cardigan for the pictures, but when I'm under the rays, you better believe my arms are covered! I would even carry a parasol if it weren't so windy out!

The skirt is a bit looser than I like. Ideally, I hold to the I Dream of Genie standard... I don't care for exposing my belly button (I actually tried to edit it out of these pictures, haha). But in Florida, I don't mind somehow! Either way, I have to give a shout-out to long loose garments, for letting the breeze in and keeping the rays out. <3

25 comments:

ModeDelight said...

I love your outfit, I'm so jealous seeing that sea and the shiny sun, here it is cold and lots of rain!

Jenna Hughes said...

wow that moving picture is so awesome! love your outfit. i really want more skirts like that and i love the lace top

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely blouse! And I like your gifs! haha

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Alina said...

Great pics!Love the floral skirt!

Rachel Louisa. said...

Just wonderful, although I am jealous and miss the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love the windy gif, haha. Thanks for the comment!

tictaczo.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Yep, love the windy gif. And I think I've seen this top before :) I wish you would show off your teacup in a new blog!!! Love, Rach!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ohh your skirt is truly amazing! <3 I love love love the print, and the crop you paired with it is gorgeous!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Cookie said...

so nice romantic combination!
http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

awesome skirt!!


My blog
xx Michaela

Eyeliah said...

oh so dreamy!

Bad Joan said...

Gorgeous outfit! Love the skirt!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

mispapelicos said...

Thank you soooooooooo much for following my blog, that allowed me to find you back.
I love that skirt in the wind and you.
Following and adding you to my blogroll.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wida said...

Can I live with you? Pretty please?

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

This Charming Style said...

Wow, these pictures are so beautiful! I adore the windy gif, so cool. The skirt is really pretty, and looks fab mixed with the lace! xx

Marise said...

That looks like a perfect outfit to wear on the beach :) I also loved that pretty gif!

Audrey Allure said...

Wow, these images look like they're straight from a fashion editorial -- absolutely stunning!

Violet Folklore said...

Your belly button is darling my darling!

Rianna said...

Send me a link to your pinterest account, i looooove pinterest!!

Mine is: http://pinterest.com/riannaphillips/


xxxxx

Haus of Style said...

I am so very jealous of this photo, makes me want to move to FL! I love the color and pattern of your skirt too ;)

Happy Holidays!

Marzipan said...

Love the skirt and your pictures!

Bla bla said...

awwwwwwww, the beach...lucky you!!! Totally agree with you about the jewelry & the campaign, it's just awesome:)
Best wishes
Cheers
Anika

Pearl Westwood said...

The Gif looks great! Always seems crazy to see sun in December when you live in the Uk!

Leslie said...

The sun is my bff too but I do enjoy getting a little tanned. I feel my world is gloomy is not :)
Thanks for your lovely comment girl. Loving your blog and style! Following here and on bloglovin :) Follow each other?? :) :)

xoxo,
LMQ

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

The moving photo is stunning. x hivennn

hop on