Monday, December 5, 2011

paisley playground

Best job ever? One where your day might include catching a little air on the ole neighborhood swingset. You have to dress prepared for these things! 

I broke my usual pattern of dresses and oversize sweaters to wear some old favorite jeans unearthed in my parents' attic. I modified them into skinnies years ago by sewing up the inner legs, and just recently my knee popped through. That happened to another pair of self-made skinnies too. Weird! As for the shirt, I found it a few months ago at Last Chance Thrift Store in Decatur. It's a little like a turtleneck and a lot like a glorious deep ocean of paisley. Expect to see more of it once I figure out more ways to wear it!



Smiling faces blur.
Hi, sky, going up. Hello,
woodchips rushing down.

Wearing:
Dollhouse brand self-converted skinnies
Paisley shirt from Last Chance
Sunglasses found in school basement costume box
Sparkly black Toms.

17 comments:

Megan said...

Those Toms are great! And I am a sucker for paisley :)

Teddi said...

dear zombie lace poet, who wouldn't want to swim in a deep ocean of paisley, swinging high, smiling into the sky, with wood chips, while sparkling in something from a school basement costume box, knowing everyday could be a last chance moment?

Anonymous said...

You look great! :D Facebook Twitter

Jacqueline Ashley said...

That shirt is stunning on you! You pull it off so well.


<3

Anonymous said...

Lovely shirt. :3

Unknown said...

Took me a while but starting to like those sparkly Toms on girls.

Donna said...

Love my resident poet, fashionista!

Bad Joan said...

Love these images!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Bla bla said...

Hi!!! Tnx for comment!!! Lovely post!!! Love your paisley shirt & shoes!!!
Cheers & lots of fun
Anika

Alina said...

Great pictures,hon!Love the details!

The Fashion Philosophy said...

We love, love, love the paisley blouse! The print is just such a classic must-have!


ox,
-Davie+Erica
Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

>>http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

the style crusader said...

Love the print print and those sparkly black Toms are so stinking cute. Looks like a lovely day. xx

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I love how cute and child like this post is! you are adorable. x

Brooke said...

Maybe one of your knees is much pointier than the other? You should double stitch the pointy side!
;)

renewvintage.blogspot

Marella said...

Amazing outfit dear!

Ly said...

I love your shoes. I always wanted a pair of toms but still haven't gotten around to get a pair.

-Ly
http://www.lyzhang.com

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Love the self-made skinnies, Katie!! And I just bought a paisley shirt here in Edinburgh. It was from a thrift store a bit spendier than Last Chance called Armstrongs. I never understood why more people don't wear paisley.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
xoxox,
Lar

hop on