Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Island


Merry Christmas, friends! Since a lot of people have asked me about my pink ukulele in the past, I thought I'd offer the gift of song to you all for this holiday. As you'll see from the video, I am no ukulele genius, but I do have an awful lot of fun with it. So I hope you enjoy! No matter if you have a traditional or a wacky or a non-observing day, I hope it was filled with merriment. Xoxo




As you can see from our "Christmas tree" we are a family with wacky holiday traditions. We don't do egg nog and Christmas hams, but instead we go on fantastic vacations during the holidays! Normally we wouldn't even exchange gifts, but we thought it would be fun to go buy each other some tchotchke to exchange. Thanks Real Simple Magazine for providing me with my "wrapping paper" this year... go green!


For my fellow uke enthusiasts (I'm thinking of you, Linda!):
Christmas Island chords (adapted by me from those provided here).  Also, if you aren't familiar with some of the chords, use this super awesome chart that I live by.


C F C D7
(C)How’d you like to spend (F)Christ(C)mas on Christmas (D7)Island 
G G7 C
How’d you (G)like to spend your holiday (G7)way across the (C)sea 
F C D7
How’d you like to spend (F)Christ(C)mas on Christmas (D7)Island 
G G7 C C7
How’d you (G)like to hang your stocking on a (G7)great big coconut (C)tree(C7) 

F C
How’d you like to stay (F)up late like the islanders (C)do 
D7 G G7
Wait for Santa to (D7)sail in with his (G)presents in a (G7)canoe 
F C D7
How’d you like to spend (F)Christ(C)mas on Christmas (D7)Island 
G G7 C

You will (G)never stray for every day your (G7)Christmas dreams come (C)true!

12 comments:

Clara Turbay said...

Nice post Merry Xmas!!!
http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Wida said...

Aww! I love ukeleles!!!! You are absolutely fantastic!



Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Stacy said...

Love your voice! So cute.
The uke is a rockin colour, hope you had a great xmas!

xStace
TEE&FAME

Ricardo MiƱana said...

Passing to say hi to my best wishes for these dates as indicated
and for the new year arrives that your wishes are met
Happy New Year 2012!.
A hug.

Rachel Louisa. said...

Merry Christmas!

Wow, I want a uke.
Thanks for sharing such a cute song! And also, for teaching me a new word - I had never heard the term tchotchke before :D

Andreea said...

Merry Christmas, my dear!

xoxo

whitney said...

Wanted to get my hands on a ukelele for ages, and I think I want a pink one now! Love your little quirky Christmas traditions, haha.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas :)

Isabel said...

You are SOOOO cute!

Bla bla said...

Hello!!! Merry Christmas to you too (sorry, little late)!!! Enjoy & happy holidays!!!
Cheers
Anika

Anonymous said...

You seem to be super awesome person,! Great xmas tree! Very nature firendly :)

Unknown said...

aww thanks for the uke love shout-out...i miss hearing your sweet voice! i hope you had a merry christmas in your amazing beachy paradise

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on
sites I stumbleupon everyday. It's always interesting to read articles from other authors and use something from their websites.
My site - schufafreies darlehen

hop on