Monday, November 28, 2011

the only thanksgiving dress you'll need


Nice and baggy, yet made of warm chocolate corduroy, it has to be my favorite dress. And I'm a woman of many dresses. I have to practice restraint not to wear it several times a week; It's perfect for every day, all the time, even sleeping. Feeling a little chunky, or planning to after a thanksgiving feast? Well, it's perfect for that occasion too.

Photobucket

This dress is one of the few not-dirt-cheap things I bought for myself in China. I did most of my shopping at places you can barter, little shops or stands where I'd spend something like 50-70RMB for a dress (7-10USD). The dress above, however, I bought in a shopping mall, at this ultra cute girlie shop called Honey. It was more like... 200RMB (30USD). I LOVED the clothes at Honey. They were always very feminine, yet kind of dust-bowl farm girl looking. Unfortunately, they were also expensive in Chinese prices. I brought home 2 pieces by them, but drooled over dozens.

Here it is in action this Thanksgiving...

Photobucket
          Sitting with the lovely sister                                       helping to cook by stirring that for 5 seconds. 

I hope your meals were as tasty, and your waistlines as forgiving as mine were this year! Thanks for all the comments on my last post. You lovely readers and your inspirational blogs are some of the things I counted among my blessings this holiday. <3

P.S. Does anyone know anything about Honey? I can't find a website. The tag on the dress says "Cinema Club" but all I can find in searches is this Chictopia post.

12 comments:

Lydia Armstrong said...

That dress is totally perfect for Thanksgiving. I just want to cram a big plate of turkey in it.

Teddi said...

your "feminine, yet kind of dust-bowl farm girl looking" is a splendid description. the color looks very nice with your hair, & i like your tights. if you did a blog post of china, send me a link so i can see photos. :)

Jacqueline Ashley said...

Lol, thank you my dear! Glad you think so. And I love your thanksgiving dress, perfection.

xxx

Megan said...

I really love this dress, it looks like the perfect Thanksgiving outfit. Also, your blog is really unique - I like it!

Donna said...

It looks even better in person. You do too....my little Thanksgiving Turkey!

This Charming Style said...

That dress is so cute! I actually love it, and definitely perfect for Thanks Giving! I hope you had a good one :) xx

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Very cute dress! It's perfect to wear something lose on Thanksgiving!
I didn't actually celebrate this year cause I had to work :(

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

cute!

Bang and Buck said...

great outfit!!

xo

Bang & Buck

Alina said...

Such a cute dress!Great for Thanksgiving!

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I used to have a similar dress from H&M you look so similar to your sister! So cute :)

Bla bla said...

The dress is just awesome!!1 You look so cool!!!
Cheers
Anika

hop on