Friday, November 11, 2011

Frumpy Chic

I've been calling my style "frumpy chic" since high school, though I must admit there's always been a stronger lean in the "frumpy" direction. I get a little flak for it at work, as some of the older teachers like to tease me for my giant ugly sweater collection. I just brush my one-exposed shoulder off.


Wearing:
Pink granny sweater: Salvation Army on Marietta St.
Boots; Underground ATL
Striped maxi dress: China
Ruffle scarf: Festivity in Virginia Highlands
Shades: Found in old costume box in school basement ;)

16 comments:

Vanessa Mercado said...

i looove your outfit!!!! cute and comfy... your really gorgeous sweetie!!! love you..kissess!!!

Maya said...

heh, some people just need to enjoy the frump, me included! Personally I think this outfit really suits you, it's still interesting! and most of all looks so appealingly cosy.

<333

This Charming Style said...

Aw but I love Frumpy!! The sweater is gorgeous, I love it with the stripes <3 xx

two birds said...

if frumpy had a good connotation, i would agree with you. i actually think your style is amazing...and who doesn't love an oversized sweater?

Meet The Weils said...

where is my outfit little ms. thang?

Alina said...

Nice look,hon!That jumper has such a lovely color!

Isabel said...

Damn girl, you look GOOD!

Teddi said...

one exposed shoulder, & old costume box in school basement are my fave lines from this post. :)

Marzipan said...

Great look!!

Anonymous said...

just love this cool and comfy chic look! xoxo

Bad Joan said...

Love that sweater! It looks so cozy!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Thu Nguyen said...

That maxi dress is pretty on you!

originalnumber.blogspot.com xo

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I adore your fumpy chic style my darling :)xx

Jessica Hunt said...

You've got frumpy chic and I've got modest hot. I think it's working out pretty well.

t said...

That sweater is a great colour!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Indy said...

Looooove your outfit...ugly granny sweaters are the greatest!

hop on