Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Enter the Tiger


It's no secret I miss China. Well, in a spontaneous fit of nostalgia, I did something a little crazy: I signed up for KUNG FU!! I got in the mood for my first official lesson yesterday by wearing this badass tiger sweater. Tiger is one of the 5 animals kung fu movements are based on, chosen by the Shaolin monks for its power, strength, and courage. I hope challenging myself to do kung fu will bring out these qualities in myself. Why not begin with knitwear that reveals my intentions? Though this sweater and these ramblings also probably reveal that I am a nerd.

More proof:

Photobucket
Wearing:
Oversize tiger sweater: Salvation Army on Marietta St.
Boots: Underground ATL
Jeggings: H&M

18 comments:

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I love your jumper!! so on trend the animal faces now! And good luck with the kung fu! sounds great!x

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

oh my goddd. that sweater is the best thing I've ever seen! <33

chelsea said...

Love love the sweater! What a find!
And good luck in kung fu, how fun.

Jerrica said...

Haha very cool. I too have been missing my American Sign Language classses and hope to be taking them soon. Wish me luck. Hope you fill that homelike feeling.

De,
Fashion Nostalgia

Qué Acierto! said...

What amazing sweater. Absolutelly different and original. I want one like it!

Kasia said...

I love that sweater! :) Salvation army rocks ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice GIF. (:

Sam said...

This is a really cute post!
So interesting, were you living in China?

Rachel Louisa. said...

That jumper is just awesome - and I love the look of your blog in general (I have a thing for old photos). Thanks for paying a visit to my page :)

Cookie said...

I so love your boots!
http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

Andreea said...

That's such a cool sweater, i love it! <3

xoxo

Ellen H said...

That sweater is literally too cool for school. I'm amazed you found it at Salvation, this kind of tiger/animal oversize knit has been everywhere in high-end ready-to-wear lines! Great pick, girl.

xx,
Ellen
http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

Michelle's Style File said...

cool jumper!!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

You do have a pretty epic sweater collection! I love the 80s-music-teacher vibe here... takes me back a bit!

OUTFITdeluxe! By Isabel said...

I love it!!!
http://outfitdeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/11/carrousel.html

Brooke said...

That jumper is fucking awesome! Pure and simple.

renewvintage.blogspot

Unknown said...

I MISS CHINA TOO! steve and i talk about it constantly... keep me updated about the kung fu, lover!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this sweater!!
xoxo

hop on