Friday, October 28, 2011

Inspired

I fell in love with this photograph the second I saw it on my tumblr dashboard (via iamfrombarcelona) and couldn't wait to try it for myself. I just love the way the yellow collar is poking out of the dark blue sweatshirt, both for visual pop and the nerdy schoolboy connotation (I love dressing like a nerdy schoolboy teacher sometimes, though a slightly older coworker said "I think I wore that exact outfit when I was in 8th grade!").

Usually I'm not a fan of layering sweaters because they have to have perfect proportions or else look unflattering and bulky, but I admire this combo on so many other people, I decided to give it another try. My version doesn't have the amazing pattern on her collar, nor the amazing lips with which to boast a lovely deep lipstick shade (I actually am wearing a deep maroonish brownish lipstick but my lips are so razor thin the camera can't even pick it up!)

Image Source

My version.



Photobucket
Wearing:
Sweater: $1 at a roadside sale in N.C.!
Blouse underneath: Love Culture
Brown schoolboy shoes: Last Chance Thrift Store
Pants: they're like sweat pant jeggings. I got them at Festivity in Virginia Highlands for 50% off with Scoutmob! Most comfortable pants in the world, I want to go back and get them in brown!!

Overall I was satisfied with this outfit! I'm picky about what I wear to teach in, and this fulfilled all my requirements. I'm sure I'll wear a variation of it again sometime, when the nerdy schoolboy within needs another day out. Could be as soon as this weekend!!

5 comments:

Isabel said...

This is such a cute look! I would wear it every day. <3

Marella said...

Such a cute outfit!

Meet The Weils said...

you're lips look amazing to me.

.sabo skirt. said...

Your version still looked great. The sweater looked cute with those collar.

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

STYLE MARMALADE said...

Yes! we love collars!!xx

hop on