Thursday, September 29, 2011

the dress that wore itself

During the rush of the wedding weekend, I had no time to go back to my apartment for a change of clothes before the day-after brunch; (if you're wondering whether all my family does is eat and drink and make merry, the answer is yes).

Luckily I have some of my old vintage dresses still stashed away at my parents' house. I don't wear these 50s silhouettes as much as I used to a few years ago, but every now and then, it's just what the doctor ordered. This extremely light cotton dress was always one of my favorites, found in a vintage store in Cincinnati. I threw it on along with my new favorite wedges and voila. Instant brunch-wear. 








Wearing:
50s shirtwaist dress
Wedges from Underground Atlanta
Do you like my monogramed tote? It was our bridesmaid gift from my sister and I am obsessed with it. The pockets on the front and back make it exquisitely perfect. You can also see the charm I won at the previous day's brunch being worn as a bracelet. It's fun to match the decor when you can!
Post a Comment

subscribe by email

hop on