Thursday, September 29, 2011

the dress that wore itself

During the rush of the wedding weekend, I had no time to go back to my apartment for a change of clothes before the day-after brunch; (if you're wondering whether all my family does is eat and drink and make merry, the answer is yes).

Luckily I have some of my old vintage dresses still stashed away at my parents' house. I don't wear these 50s silhouettes as much as I used to a few years ago, but every now and then, it's just what the doctor ordered. This extremely light cotton dress was always one of my favorites, found in a vintage store in Cincinnati. I threw it on along with my new favorite wedges and voila. Instant brunch-wear. 








Wearing:
50s shirtwaist dress
Wedges from Underground Atlanta
Do you like my monogramed tote? It was our bridesmaid gift from my sister and I am obsessed with it. The pockets on the front and back make it exquisitely perfect. You can also see the charm I won at the previous day's brunch being worn as a bracelet. It's fun to match the decor when you can!

14 comments:

Margaret said...

wow you look stunning ! Your dress is gorgeous <3

Donna said...

Love your style. The charm says it all!

Marie said...

Beautiful dress! Fabulous last minute apparel!

Marella said...

Amazing dress!

This Charming Style said...

You look so beautiful, the dress and wedges are perfect! I love the tote too :) xx

Leslie Christen | Fashion Stylist said...

so a-dore-a-ballz

Xo Leslie

Please take a look at my blog, if you like what you see please follow me :-)

http://lesliechristen.com/

Margaret said...

what a gorgeous print and shoes :)
thanks for the support on the .com! :) so glad you like it xx

Unknown said...

Absolutly adorable, the shape and pattern of the dress is amazing!
Freesia

STYLE MARMALADE said...

Wonderful dress totally your style :) Love the wedges shoes! lovely combo. x

Taryn said...

I love the mix of the feminine dress and heavy shoes, so perfect! :)

xxyy said...

beautiful dress and shoes!xx

http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

Kia Gomez said...

Hey !
I love your classic black pumps :)

xoxo

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Gorgeous dress, Katie! You look so chic! It's how everyone should look for a post-wedding brunch.

Meet The Weils said...

You were super adorable! Almost stole the show! :)

hop on