Monday, August 29, 2011

under the weather


Time to put on my silk robe and float around the apartment on a cloud of self pity and Theraflu, pausing to sigh in every room. This is one of the only times I allow myself the shoe normally shunned from my closet: the flip flop. I don't have the energy to get into it now, but let's just say this footwear and I are longstanding enemies. I refuse to wear them. Perhaps out of spite.

Although on the other hand, these I bought yesterday from the Anne Taylor Loft outlet are actually pretty cute (for flip flops). Something about the dainty little detail of a bow allows them to pass my test. It could be the cough syrup talking, but I might even consider wearing these out in public someday.


Until then... Nothing to do now but take self portraits and drink every liquid in the apartment and tell unpacking it will have to wait just a bit longer.


8 comments:

This Charming Style said...

I hope you feel better soon! The flip flops are quite cute, although i never wear any form of flat sandals. But I like the bows :) xx

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Oh boo! That's why you weren't at Miso yesterday! I hope you are feeling better today, Katie!
You know, I feel the same exact way you do about flip-flops. I won't wear them out of the house if I can help it. But those bows are yours are pretty cute and totally pulled together enough for public use ;)
Can't wait to meet you in person at some foodie bash in the near future (I think we are going to The Shed next Monday - shoot me an email with your # and I'll text you to let you know!).
xoxo, Lar

FoodieBuddha said...

I wonder what you'd say about a pair of christian louboutin flip flops ;-)

Bad Joan said...

those flip flops are adorable!!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

STYLE MARMALADE said...

Love the last photo! so great! and the good thing about the sandals is that you can show off your great tatoo!!

Tea Joeli said...

Great blog:)
www.thebrunetteworld.com
xxx

chelsea said...

Yeah, still can't do the flip flops. Don't care how cute they are, the thong between my toes annoys the heck out of me!

Anonymous said...

You have gorgeous feet!!!

hop on