Wednesday, August 24, 2011

atlanta farm girl daydreams


weee

Did you know there is a place right outside Atlanta where you can live out those fantasies of being a farm girl from another era? (I can't be the only one with this delusion)... It's called Serenbe, and it's complete with rustic barns and an old swingset. As they describe themselves in their twitter profile they're an "1,000 acre sustainable residential community just southwest of Atlanta with organic farm, three restaurants, art galleries and boutiques." The organic farm features goats, an overweight pig, and some unfortunate looking chickens with raw bottoms..  I tried to ignore the featherless bums and pretended I was Fern from Charlotte's web for the afternoon.

I talked to the animals... 




Sat in window seats and read stories...




And of course there was field-running and tree-climbing.





Wearing
blouse and bow: China
70s prairie skirt: Clothing Warehouse warehouse (East Point, Atlanta)
Moccasins: Cherokee, NC
Clutch: Thrifted in Atlanta
Betsey Johnson shades: Found them in my car... if they're yours just let me know!


lovely sister

It was a beautiful afternoon to spend eating fresh food and wandering down gravel paths with my loved ones. If you want a day off from the city grind, this is a lovely place for a day trip, and even lovelier for a weekend away, I'm sure!

13 comments:

Donna said...

Hey, those sun glasses are mine! Don't panic...JK

Savannah said...

This is so cool I had no idea there was places like this. you look adorable!

Brooke said...

Looooveeee your shirt.

Slightly perplexed by your comment, didn't know I was referencing the american flag! haha Where do you see it?

renewvintage.blogspot

Meet The Weils said...

lol ... katie you are one of a kind! :)

Katie said...

Sounds like a beautiful day!

Sabrina said...

Adorable photos! I love the classic photo of running in an open field- it's beautiful!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Oh I love serenbe too, Katie! And these photos are gorgeous! Love the swinging montage - makes me want to run down to our park and jump on a swing.

I'm so bummed I missed you again on Monday! I plan to be at Miso Monday this go 'round. I hope I can meet you in person then!

xoxo,
Lar

Style Dilettante said...

Adorable and wholesome this post!

http://www.inherentstylela.com/

STYLE MARMALADE said...

Love your look so lovely! and the sunnies! I can believe you found them in your car maybe it was a gift from one fairy....sooo did you bought the JC shoes????

Kimberly said...

Hey !
I think the photo with the yellow flowers so dreamy :)
Love your gif too

Xoxo

Gosia said...

Great photos! Love your top.

Natalie Koltunovskaya said...

I like pictures outside. Very nice place!

Enia Is (Almost) Here said...

sounds absolutely idyllic (and finding the glasses in your car: priceless!! :).... thanks for stopping by, i really appreciate you taking the time to comment. i look forward to our mutual visits in the future! :)

hop on