Thursday, August 11, 2011

the shorts, the shoes, the sun

Wearing
Shorts: thrift store (NC)
Crop top: China
Moccasins: Cherokee, NC
Fray bans: China
Bless you, Floridian August afternoons. I can think of no better way to blow a kiss goodbye to summer than to spend a few days with your oldest friends at the beach (one of whom was kind enough to use her fancy iphone to snap my picture). This is a yearly tradition since high school, and in subtle ways I can see how we've grown! For one, our grocery cart was full of grape tomatoes and whole wheat pasta instead of ramen noodles and frozen pizza. Two, we lathered on 50 spf instead of taking our chances for a tan. And then there was one whole night where we didn't stay out til 4am! What changes will I record in 6 more years I wonder? Do you have any longstanding traditions with your childhood friends?

9 comments:

La Fille D'or said...

aww- sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I still could do these things with my childhood friends but we are all spread out across the country. it's tough and a bit sad really.

I love the little pink guitar : )

This Charming Style said...

It sounds like you had a good time though - and those shorts are cute!xx

Ena said...

I love your floral shorts! They are so pretty and look so comfy too. And I love how american this photo looks (or so it looks to me!).

*Ena*

Katie said...

Love this look, and your pink ukelele!

roberto syrious said...

lovely outfit!!!!
the little pink guitar
is GORGEOUS! :D
cute blog! i'm following you by google friends box hope you'll do the same ONLY if' you'll like mine!
sweet italian kisses

Syriously in Fashion
Syriously Facebook Page

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Love the shorts, Katie!
Sadly for Cath and I, most of our girl friends have scattered the globe since college, and we haven't had a chance to do many meet ups. However, they do usually involve food - really yummy food ;)

mestizay said...

cute floral shorts!
http://mestizay.blogspot.com/

LoveCharlesVintage said...

Great find with those shorts!

jcrenshaw said...

just wait, Katie. your blog will be hopping when we are in that old folks home together. :) MISS YOU!!!!!

hop on