Monday, August 1, 2011

learning to walk again


My sister is getting married in the Fall, and as a bridesmaid, I am required to wear some black shoes. At first I bought some very charming little rouched flats in China, but my sister didn't seem to like them. She hinted at this ever so politely with the question "Are you sure you won't feel left out as the only one in flats?" Hint taken. So when I saw THESE beauties on sale for $15 at Lulu in Little Five Points, I snapped them up. They are Bamboo brand platforms with a super chic scale-like sheen.

Issues: I admire so much all the bloggers and fashionistas who never seem to bat an eye at wearing heels to scurry over any terrain (Rebecca of The Clotheshorse comes to mind.... what is she doing in such secluded nature preserves in such marvelous heels? And why does she look so good doing it?)  But I myself feel more comfortable donning flats for on-my-feet days, which seem to be most days.

Basically, if I am gonna rock these Bamboos in September without looking like a baby giraffe learning to walk, I got some practicing to do!

Wish me luck.

P.S. This is the bridesmaid dress. I love it! Certainly a re-wearer and a lovely staple as a LBD, no? Good call, bride-to-be sis.

Source: Maggy London Strapless Bead Bodice Dress at Nordstrom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the dress - for the shoes I recommend packing a pair of flats for the racing-around-pre-party-organizing-bride-crazy part before the actual wedding, switching to the heels for the vows etc, then sneaking the flats back out when the dancing really gets underway ;-)

Julie said...

Those shoes are GORGEOUS - I can't believe they were only $15! But I'm with you, heels are so, so hard to walk in.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

So cute! I love heels but i'm always falling over (hopefully that will become less and less over time). My best friend is the opposite. ALWAYS in heels as if it's completely natural. x hivenn

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Ooo good luck, Katie! I used the have the opposite problem when I just wore heels: I'd trip whenever I wore flats. Those shoes are gorgeous and worth the walking practice. You are such a sweet sis!

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I love flat shoes on a daily basis. I could not wear heels everyday but you as a bridesmaid will look great in these lovely pair. xx

AsianCajuns (Cath) said...

Gorgeous shoes and dress! Heel walking definitely takes practice, but once your calf muscles shorten, it'll be easier!

Unknown said...

pretty dress my love! can't wait to see pics from the wedding and to hear how everything went! xoxo

hop on