Monday, January 16, 2012

lana in lace

Lace has been "in" for awhile, but I was reminded why when I saw Lana Del Rey perform on SNL this Saturday. I  had never heard of her before, but her old Hollywood glamour and pouty lips immediately got my attention. Her songs were not my usual thing, but they were interesting: more like poems. Anyway, if the music was a little sappy, I didn't care because I was staring at the yards of gorgeous lace trailing just-so to the floor. It was like watching a 40s era diva... minus Judy Garland's pipes.  See her on SNL here.

Did anyone else catch Saturday Night Live the other day? What did you think of Lana?



6 comments:

Allison said...

I love the whole dress, but especially the detail around the middle. I've never seen anything like that before.

Anonymous said...

This chic looks like from 50's. And super awesome hair she has <3 Not much I can say cose in my 3d world noone shows SNL:D

Leslie Quiros said...

so beautiful! She has an amazing style.. so 60ish type!
xo,
LMQ

Julia Topaz said...

Her style is fantastic! Her performance, however was god awful! She totally bombed it (live is not her thing).

Annabelle Fleur said...

I also fell in love with her dress, simply yet so elegant! Goes really well with her style! What did you think of her performance? Love you blog and now following, maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

Kisses,
Annabelle
http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

Girl With A Pearl Earring said...

I loved this dress! White lace is just so elegant. I love Lana, wouldn't have missed this for the world!

hop on