Friday, January 6, 2012

back to blizzards

Okay, there weren't exactly BLIZZARDS greeting me upon my return to Atlanta... but after being in Florida for two weeks, that's kinda how it felt! So I had to bundle up. Sweet cheap accessories of Asia, I thank you for aiding me in this time of need.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Wearing:
Hat bought in Seoul, Korea.
Glasses from Sears??
Angora granny sweater from a thrift store. Can't remember which one!
Boy's shirt (worn underneath) given to me by someone at school.
Drop crotch pants, fur collar, fingerless gloves all bought in China.
Minnetonka fringe moccasin boots.

These are my numba one stunna pants. I haven't photographed them much before, but I will confess they are rarely absent from my weekly rotation. I bought them in China and they have been my go to lazy-pants every season since. I love the drop crotch and the droopy pockets and getting to feel a bit like a genie. They can be worn to yoga, or paired with some boots for a cool, militaristic running around town look. Basically, they're perfect.

The moccasins were a gift to myself in Florida. I know, it's perfectly normal to buy some eskimo looking boots while visiting a tropical wonderland. Whatever. Minnetonka shoes are something I plan to continually wear to shreds for the rest of my life. Do you have any "old faithful" garments like that?

12 comments:

chelsea said...

Welcome back to chilly northern climates (or something like that.) I too love my moccasins, though, any more pairs I buy will have to be used (for the good of my conscience.) My personal go to, old faithful item, is black ballet flats. Staple of my wardrobe for YEARS.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eyeliah said...

oh no, back to reality always sucks :( My old faithfuls are a blue sparkly scarf and my floral skirt :)

mispapelicos said...

I jus adore that jumper, and you fab pics.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bla bla said...

Hi!!! Tnx for comment & HI5 for love for fairy tales:)!!! Awesome outfit, especially this sweater & cap...I also love moccasins,lucky you, there's no Minnentonka shop in Europe, I fortunately find one pair in one shop few years a go bought'em but are not so comfy like this ones...
Enjoy & lots of fun
Anika

Lydia Armstrong said...

Jesus, ZL, I love like every piece of this. The detail of your sweater is so pretty, and I always love a good drop-crotch. And a fur collar!!

Lidiya said...

Cute accessories! I love the colour of the hat and the shoes are gorgeous <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

whitney said...

This looks like the perfect outfit for winter! Love your boots and the detail on your sweater is gorgeeeeouuus!

Anonymous said...

sweater is cute, and i lov color of the hat, This is my probably favorite color mm...

Marise said...

Those mocassin boots are really really cool and I love how versatile those pants are! You look so comfy and stylish at the same time, gotta love that :D

Alina said...

Great outfit,hon!Love the gloves!

Solid Ties said...

One of the best outfit that I saw today. I love the gloves too.

hop on