Sunday, March 1, 2009

Zombies on the move!

For spring break, I am traveling around and hanging out with my favorite baby-boomers: My mom and my aunt! I'm in Louisville right now and am going to Cincinnati to see my grandma before all is said and done. I'm having a ball with all the vintage and thrifting to be done but don't have much time to blog. So while I am away, I thought I'd leave you with Six Random Things about myself that you may not already know.

1. Tattoos:


I love tattoos! I have several and am always fantasizing about getting more. Almost all of mine are literary inspired. The one here is from the book The Runaway Bunny.


2. Harry potter:


I am a Harry Potter freak. Not only do I have one of the aforementioned literary tattoos to comemorate this series, I am also diligently working in the academic realm on a literary thesis about the social issues and commentaries in the text. Nerd alert??


3. Fruit-flavored cream cheese and lox:


This weird combo just happens to be my favorite snack. Neighborhood delis know me by my lox and fruit fetish. They only make fun of me a little.


4. Religious studies:




I’m not religious myself, but I LOVE studying religion! I am a religious studies minor and my RELS classes are some of my favorites. It fuels my curiosity to understand what makes people tick. (In case you're curious, the badass religious figures above include Arjuna and Krishna from the Mahabharata, the republican party's favorite martyr J.C, his holiness the Dalai Lama who is always so cute with a big smile despite being totaly homeless, and a hasidic guy at the world's most well-loved wall)


5. Science Fiction and Mafia Stories:


These are two of my favorite genres. I love nothing better than a good violent mobster flick or a super-nerdy episode of Star Trek the next generation. I didn't know what to do with myself when the Sopranos ended.


6. The Great Outdoors:

Despite being a slave to fashion and clothing, I actually have an outdoorsy side! I was exposed to backpacking and kayaking from a young age with my dad, and the outdoor bug (perhaps you’d call it a tick) has stayed with me ever since. I even work at my University’s outdoor center!


Hope this was interesting and enlightening. Now I tag my hilarious, inappropriate, funny (though looks aren't everything) home-boy and local comic JOE PETTIS to tell us all 6 things about his bad self.

10 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous post, darling!

The Runaway Bunny is one of my favorite children's books of all time - in fact, I loved it so much I bought it in Spanish too; it's called "El Conejito Andarin"!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Very interesting post and good choice of photos! You must have a lot of fun traveling with your mom and aunt. Can't wait to see all the bargains you find in vintage and thrift stores! PHOTOS REQUIRED! hehe

xoxo

Mimi

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I love finding more about bloggers like yourself! =]

xoxo,
La C.

Allie said...

Lox and fruit cream cheese...I may have to try it.

Em said...

Such a cute list! Your adorable. I also love love love the outdoors.

p.s. i like the tat!
xoxo

Diane said...

Awesome tattoo!! I was excited to see that especially after learning about your love for vintage bunny illustrations.

Glad you're having fun on your spring break!

Jen said...

Lovely tattoos, i have two and always ponder about what i might want to get next :)

AsianCajuns said...

Hope you had a good spring break!

Joe Pettis said...

Joe Pettis is the worst blogging friend ever.

ockraz said...

I was googling The Runaway Bunny and found your tattoo pictures. I thought that you might like to take a gander at these...

http://goodmotherlizard.blogspot.com/2008/03/highest-hopes-stay-with-me-everywhere.html

and

http://www.bmeink.com/A80728/high/n15z-the-runaway-bunny.jpg

and

http://www.mermaidtheatre.ns.ca/repertory/goodnightmoon/images/mermaid%20-%20goodnight%20moon/The%20Runaway%20Bunny%204.JPG

hop on