Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meet me by the tracks, love

As my departure date for my year in China approaches, I am forced into the loathsome task of sorting through my (considerable) clothing collection and downsizing. I can't stand it!!! I am something like a clothes hoarder, and the idea of leaving any of my darlings feels like betrayal. Luckily, I had my beautiful talented photographer friend, Susan Mucino, to make the task a little more fun. We got together some of my favorite vintage pieces from my personal collection and had a little photo-shoot. I found it kind of therapeutic to immortalize these pieces in photographic form although I'll have to say goodbye to them for a year. Here is just one of the dresses we shot, and I will be the first to say I am DEFINITELY not a model, but Susan's skill produced some lovely pictures nonetheless.

This series of pictures is kind of whimsically romantic to me; I think it's a shy girl who goes alone by the train tracks every afternoon to read romance novels and dream about her love. She knows he takes the commute on the train behind her, so she wears the red dress, wishing he'd look out the window at just the right moment and see her as a streak of red.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Vintage 80s oversized shirt dress
Flats from Target
Clutch: hand altered from an old one by me!

6 comments:

Andi said...

I hear you on downsizing - except I have to actually get rid of my clothes :-( I adore your sunglasses in this post. xx

Ena said...

Oh, you are moving to China? I feel like you are coming closer :)
These pictures are really lovely!! I love the picture where you're reading a book especially! So dreamy.

*Ena*

Unknown said...

Andi- Want to hear something super sad? I lost those glasses this weekend in the ocean!!!
Ena-- I actually AM coming closer! I'll be in Suzhou, right across the Pacific from Japan :~)

Fabiola "Fab" said...

you look great with your glasses on! adorable outfit!

Unknown said...

I'm a clothes hoarder too! too many associated memories with them...

ps. love that red dress! fabulous yet it looks super comfy to wear.

http://www.diyainherstilettos.com/

Anonymous said...

It's SMARTA!

hop on