Wednesday, July 14, 2010

what's in your notebook?

I want to be a more active blogger, but my lack of camera is a major barrier! So I decided to take advantage of having access to one at work and took some pictures of the contents of my notebook. Now you'll have something (hopefully) interesting to look at though not fashion related.

Do any of you carry a notebook around for ideas and doodles? I never leave home without mine! I have a weird little hobby of writing syllabic poems (mostly haikus and tankas that I put on my tumblr), and I like to jot them down immediately as they come to me. Here you can see a bit of my writing process! Also, you may not know this about me, but I'm a wee bit of a cartoonist... not that I'm ready to be featured at the Louvre or anything, but I do enjoy it if just for my own amusement. So for your entertainment, here is a sneak peak at the contents of my notebook (which disturbingly might reveal the contents of my mind!):


Some strange cowboy cat that came out of my imagination after several of the previous doodle.

Hey, Arnold! Because I can.

A creepy looking portrait of my hand. Ugh, more incentive not to smoke: my skin could really look like this some day!

Quotes I liked from a magazine article.

Poems being born.

I dunno, why the heck not?

Haha, a little doodle I drew to shame my PMSing boo.

Bare with me while I await the arrival of my camera's replacement charger and there shall be pretty clothes galore!

14 comments:

Loui♥ said...

does your phone have camera capability?
most do..
and many use that for blogging photos..
warm sandy hugs..
Loui♥h

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment, Loui; It does have a camera and a pretty good one, but since I don't have blue tooth I don't know how to get the pictures onto the computer! I also don't have free internet on it. Any ideas?

Eyeliah said...

Hehe, cute doodles! I used to all the time and was just thinking how I miss it… You smoke? Oh no missy!!

ediot said...

hi lovely. thanks for stopping by. hope you get a camera sooooon! nice sketches. esp the hand. so well done!!!!!
hope youre having a wonderful week sweetie.

xxx

Ena said...

Cute doodles! I like the monkey man especially <3 I don't have such a notebook but my husband does and I like to get peek at his silly doodles :)

Fab Five said...

Hey Arnold was my favorite tv show when I was younger! Love the drawings...

Andi said...

Haha - love the last doodle! Too funny. I saw that you liked Mara's headband on mLovesm last week. Come check out my current giveaway!

AsianCajuns (Cath) said...

I love your doodles - the tampon one is hilarious! I use to doodle and jot down notes more before I started blogging.

moonshinejunkyard said...

I LOVE YOUR POEMS.

also i like the thing about the chip-tooth boy. so true. why are teeth so endearing?

Margaret said...

awesome piccies :D xx

Sarah said...

Your notebook is way cooler than mine will ever be. Am I jealous. Yeah.

http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Hahaha, that last one made me laugh. (And I also love that Hey Arnold one! It looks just like 'im!)

Maggie said...

LOVE pabst here too, my hubby brought home a thirty pack last night that he found at a locally run shop for, get this, 7.95!!! That's like 27 cents a beer. Yeah, awesome, I know. Good luck in China!

Unknown said...

OMG maggie that is amazing. Gawd I'm gonna miss good amurican beer like pabst!!

hop on