Friday, August 13, 2010

take a romp outside the box

Here's another one of my pieces photographed by Susan Mucino;

The polkadot 80s romper halter.

I got this two summers ago in Austin and I used to wear it CONSTANTLY. Haven't really felt it much this summer at all, though, and really only wore it for these pictures. I'll probably end up selling it in the shop, but with my departure to China only... FIVE DAYS AWAY?!?... it'll have to wait until my return

I feel like this piece brings out my silly side, and just makes me want to hop around and make faces at the camera. Everything about this garment and these pictures reminds me of having no shame in joy and just all around breaking freeeeee!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

chelsea said...

Polka dotted love! I adore your spots and those huge sunglasses.
Only 5 days until China? Crazy!

Ena said...

Lovely pictures, again! And I love your polka dot romper. It's so perfectly cute, yet looks super comfy! Good luck in China :D

*Ena*

Loui♥ said...

That is so totally me..
when I was much younger!!
I actually had a similar halter backless romper of polka dots..
and adored wearing it.
flirty and fun..
now unfortunately, age has calmed the inner girl in me..
but I can still live in vicariousness
through your thinking outside the box!!
warm sandy hugs..
Loui♥

moonshinejunkyard said...

i could totally live in that all summer! adorable/versatile/vintage/comfy, my favorite combo. i hope things are going well. maybe you're in china today? i forgot to check the dates...wow! i'll be definitely excited to hear more about your journey and please tell me you got a camera for this next phase of your life!

Anonymous said...

Wow... cool photos! I especially love the one where you're beaming like the sun.

Bon voyage! :D

Emma Skye said...

What an awesome blog. Love your pictures. You are so pretty!

AsianCajuns (Cath) said...

Awesome photos - that romper looks perfect on you. Isn't it funny how a piece of clothing becomes your absolutely favorite one season and then you never want to wear it again the following year.

Have a safe flight to China - i'm so excited for you!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

So adorable!

hop on