Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Festive Days

This was a weekend dominated by the glorious Inman Park Festival in one of the cutest neighborhoods in Atlanta. I didn't do much shopping, but I did do a lot of style-spying on the unwitting well-dressed locals. On saturday, I wore my 1950's gingham romper with some silly sunglasses with ants crawling on them. I got lots of compliments (well, I guess I'm taking them as compliments) that I looked like a picnic. 
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Vintage romper: Found in Cincinnati.
Belt: Came with another dress.
Scarf: Antique.
Earrings: Blessing Tires parking lot.
Sandals: Given to me by my roomate. I WAS wearing super hot wedges, but they were not so comfortable for walking around in a crowded hot place with a tummy full of beer.
Sunglasses: Gift from my aunt.
Purse: Thrifted

Saturday I mostly drank expensive beers with my astronomer and watched the amazing musical stylings of Batata Doce. They played their jazz/latin/alternative tunes on the WonderRoot stage, and in fact, I hardly had to leave my chair to take my sneaky pictures of the fashionable characters and the just plain characters.
Photobucket
I think this girl looks super cute, I especially love the little heart painted on her cheek!

Photobucket
I noticed a lot of really long hems on women this weekend.

Photobucket
Plain old fashioned adorableness never goes out of style!

Photobucket
Batata Doce was so good, they attracted an elf all the way from the North Pole on this hot April day!

And even some of the band members themselves looked great! 

Photobucket
The lead singer Leticia ALWAYS looks adorable at their shows (even though she wears that dress a lot), and today was no exception. Justin the bass player didn't look too bad himself, and I quite approved of his socks with sneakers look. (Pssst, Atlanta locals! Give Batata Doce a listen on myspace, and if you like what you hear be sure to attend their show tonight at 529 in East Altanta! Come up and say Hi to me and I'll buy you a beer.) 
Photobucket

On the walk home, we ran into a yardsale where I picked up a few vintage goodies including a red lacy slip and this cute indian-print prairie style skirt that I wore to the festival on Sunday. I had to improvise Sunday's outfit somewhat because I didn't go home Saturday night, but I'm pretty satisfied with it for stylin' on the fly! 
Photobucket
Skirt: yardsale in Inman park.
T-shirt: borrowed from the astronomer.
Key pin: Antique from Louisville.
Gingham pins: Actually the earrings I wore the day before pinned to the scarf.

And that was my festive filled weekend. Next up? East Atlanta Beer Festival on May 30th! Anyone else hitting/loving the outdoor festival trail lately?

20 comments:

ToKataifi said...

your last outfit is so so perfect....

Poke Salad Annie said...

love the picnic romper!

Anonymous said...

you look so adorable in your gingham romper and love those sunglasses.

Couture Carrie said...

I love all these photos, darling! ATL is the best...

And your gingham romper is picnic perfection - you look sooooo cute!

xoxox,
CC

DaisyChain said...

thank you for your lovely comment!
I LOVEEEEE your romper, it's amazing. I've been looking for something like it over here, but I'm so far not finding much!

josephine wayward said...

Those are grrreat glasses!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

fabulous jumpsuit! i also like the highwaisted skirt in the second outfit! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

AsianCajuns said...

Ooo I'd never heard of them! I'm sorry we missed the concert on Wednesday! Next time they play in town we should totally meet up ;)

Oh - and don't forget to come by the Decatur Arts Festival May 23-24. Let us know if you are in town- we'll be there fo sho!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Your outfits are so fun! I love the scarf with the gingham romper.

Unknown said...

You looked fantastic in your red checked onesie! I have a similar skirt in black and that always gets the picnic blanket comments. People think they're so funny!!

Anonymous said...

looks like a beautiful day. thanks for stopping by my blog. that romper is so cute, and i love the scarf action. scrolling through previous entries, you really rock the neckercheif, and that sort of thing is really up my alley

Rosanna said...

perfect romper!!!

www.littlemissdressup.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

So adorable! I love your sunglasses and reading about the festival! xxoxoxo

SOS! said...

lovely glasses!
xx-LJ from SOS!

Violet Folklore said...

I love it that you were sneak photographing people's outfits, I've always wanted to do that...

~Amber

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Lovely photos, as usual!

Bisous,
La C.

WendyB said...

I think elf hats are going to be the hot new trend!

karl's sweet child said...

you look so lovely in the last picture:)

Jen said...

You look so lovely and summery!! I want to wear skirts and sandals!!

Allie said...

LOL you do look like a picnic :) It's charming.

hop on