Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ms. Match

Dumpy rainy cold weather days lately kind of make me feel like disappearing. What happened to the promise of Summer from last week, with the 80 degree weather and the shorts and sunglasses? Suddenly I am back to my Fall palette and those light girly colors I was so enthusiastic about have to wait. However, to counter the threat of vanishing completely in my winter wetness depression, I did manage to play around with one element I am anticipating for spring: the mismatching of different patterns into one outfit!

Floral skirt: Thrifted
Plaid stockings: 
Clown and children t-shirt: Gift from super sweet astronomer
Ankle boots: Vintage, thrifted.

I have been admiring a good clash in some of the posts to Wardrobe Remix, and decided to try it out myself! Here I have mixed the floral skirt, plaid stockings, bandana, and checkered earrings.

Even if the weather is boring, it's still always fun to play with your hair! I sat behind a friend in class who had two little bows to clasp her french braids and I absolutely had to copy it. I got my gray velvet bow barrettes from Little Red Fox's etsy shop, and I have been wearing them almost every day since then.



Plaid 50's dress: Vintage shop in Austin.
Tights: Gap?
Boots: Thrifted
Necklace: Thrifted.
Scarf: Kudzu Antiques
Belt: Thrifted

The next day I decided to mismatch patterns again. I combined a kind of plaid green vintage dress, lacy tights, polkadot belt and a polkadot scarf. As you can see from these pictures, being Ms. Match greatly improved my mood after my summer parade had literally been rained upon. Now I am going to Savannah to soak up some coastal rays! 


17 comments:

Em said...

I love the way you mismatched your outfits! I love your tee and skirt in your first outfit :)

Oh and have fun in Savannah!
xx

muchlove said...

your mismatched outfits look fabulous!
That clown tee is so cute.

Diane said...

Those velvet bow barrettes are AMAZING!!! I wouldn't mind a few.

I love both your outfits so much! I especially like that floral skirt in the first one.

LaMimi said...

Very nice combos Ms. Match! lol... it takes a skill and confidence to put together a perfect mismatched outfit and you have definitely got both:)
xoxo
Mimi

Rhiannon said...

You're adorable! That little plaid dress is so cute, and your hair! I've just been wanting to grow my hair out lately so it's always great to see girls with adorable short hair cuts.

And I went to the Blessing Tires sale! It was amazing . . I just bought one dress (this little black lace party dress) but I might have to go back . . . It was funny, too, because when I went there Clara's son said, "You look just like that girl, Zombie Lace . . " and I said, "I know her!!"

Eyeliah said...

Any minute now the weather is gonna change... I am becoming less patient for it thou - lol.

AsianCajuns said...

Love those plaid tights with the floral skirt - way to mix it up!

Did you hear it's going to go below freezing on Thursday? WTF? It's April!

chelsea said...

That first outfit looks like you stepped right out of My So Called Life. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Thanks everybody! And AsianCajuns and Rhiannon-- Can you believe it's SNOWING?!?!?! WHAT IN THE WORLD????

Meaghan Kelly said...

i already commented on that plaid dress of yours on WR, but I can't help myself. it's wonderful!!!!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I love your tights!!

Bisous,
La C.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Both outfits are so fun--I especially like the first one. There's a lot going on in each, but somehow they manage to all "go" together.

amber at painfullyhip said...

This is so EFFING cute!! I kinda wanna kill myself.

Hey can you shoot me an email when you get a chance? I couldn't find your addy and think a COLLAB is in order.

Allie said...

I love all your tights :)
And the barrettes add a nice touch.

noone said...

Cute stockings! I love them :)

Couture Carrie said...

Woo hoo! I just did a plaid post, so this is right up my alley - I looooove your tights and the green dress. You look fab! Hope you are enjoying Savannah!

xoxox,
CC

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Thanks for your comment =]

Bisous,
La C.

hop on