Monday, May 7, 2012

festive, or how another sunhat came into my life

The school I work at was silver for the local neighborhood festival and parade that took place. I took the theme seriously from tiptop to toenail. 

It's magical to wake up one morning and walk out your front door to find your quiet sunny neighborhood transformed into a bustling market. When not participating in school fun and painting the faces of adorable youngsters, I wandered around the booths. My favorites were one selling raw crystals and gems for about a dollar apiece, and another boasting "packable" sun hats located directly outside my yard. 

On the first day, the packable hat lady wouldn't bargain with me, but I was not discouraged. I lay patiently in wait, my floppy be-ribboned prey in sight. As she was packing up on Sunday, I ran across my yard and asked for a last minute end-of-festival deal; One more wide-brimmed sunhat became mine. 

Hope you wake up to a little magic in your front yard!

Silver nails with a sparkle accent.


The cutest Power Ranger.

Lovely packable hats.

Crystals

Gems

Gourd face.

New hat <3

8 comments:

Isabel Bianchi said...

Nice pics! I see you had a great time there! Love the crystals and hats!
xoxo
MY LITTLE SUEDE SHOES

Lydia Armstrong said...

This festival sounds amazing. I would love my neighborhood to do something like this.

Samatha@Dress Shirts said...

I find attending festivals very exciting. It’s the only time that I see extraordinary looks and things that’s why I treasure every moment for it happens once a year only.

chelsea said...

Fantastic hat! I am a little jealous. Did you pick up many crystals and gems? I would have been stocking up, myself.

Rachel Louisa. said...

This looks like a joyful way to spend time - kudos for the bargaining, I'm so bad at it! Love your nails to.

ps. Where can I find the Sendak interview you mentioned to me? Sounds right up my street :)

pps. The second track on my latest mix is Isis by Bob Dylan.

ppps. Thanks so much for all your kind comments on my blog :) I appreciate it so much!

pppps. In case you can't tell, I don't have reply to comments set up ;D How do I do that?

xo

Danny said...

So clever what you did to buy that hat :) It's so cute!

Sonya said...

who are the sellers of the hat and the quartz crystal rod in Atlanta, maybe I can locate them in ATL. Thanks...

Eyeliah said...

I don't have space for sunhats, it seems I squished mine whoops!

hop on