Sunday, July 4, 2010

stars and stripes and outfit evolution (in reverse)

I think I'm going to be one of those embarrassing moms or kindergarten teachers who has a dress and a broach and a pair of earrings for every holiday. I love dressing in theme, and have the most fun ever preparing the right dorky outfit for the right occasion. Naturally today was Fourth of July! My camera is out of commission, but I had some fun with photobooth this gorgeous day of independence. Here's the evolution of my outfit (the top pics are the result I settled on).



I started with last year's Walmart tank, cut up and reshaped, but I didn't feel classy enough with the torn up T and shorts and braids.

I reaaaallly wanted an excuse to wear that amazing jacket I found forever ago at a thrift store.... but Atlanta in July is just not the place to pull that off. Plus I wanted that class-factor like I mentioned.

I got really happy with this old plain blue t-shirt; that with the paisley granny shorts and flats made for a sweet 50s picnic look, I thought. Plus I pinned up the french braids Heidi style. I'm using plain black sewing ribbon for a belt and my necklace is an anchor with an American flag design.

Hope everyone else looked festive and ate plenty of our national foods and mayonnaise and PBR etc.


9 comments:

Isabel said...

The flag coat is so fitting!

Unknown said...

those are some cute shorts!!! you're too cute in these pictures.

as for your comment on my blog... there's no shoulder pad....my comments publishing thing is not working on blogger so I can only view the comments from my email inbox BUT I've been getting anywhere from victorian era to 80's. I'm starting to think it's early 80's....

Jenni said...

I used to resist theme dressing when I was in high school and thought I was too cool for it, but I've come to realize I'm not too cool for anything! :D Maybe you can save that classy jacket for Veteran's Day? :D

Margaret said...

aaah that jacket is awesome :D
loving the blog!
great posts
stop by some time xx

ediot said...

love those shorts darling. theyre so cute!! and that american jacket- wicked haha. you must feel like partying just putting it on- or going to a game or something!
hope youre having a wonderful week and that you had a great 4th.
thanks for stopping by

xxx

Rianna said...

Cute shorts
Rianna xxxx

Wendy said...

I love your American gear! So jealous!

moonshinejunkyard said...

dude, i dress up for every holiday and theme too. it's gotten to the point of getting ridiculous but i continue to fully embrace it.

Alister said...

I think your feet are lovely.. well, that's just me. Anyway, be careful in this rapidly falling apart world. We want this crap to finally fall apart so we can escape, but it could get dangery, so be careful. Just a friendly warning. :9

hop on