Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Weekend for Digging up Corpses

This was a weekend for hanging out with old pals and shopping for old stuff. I hit up a local thrift store and Kudzu antique mall and left with a big pile of fun stuff. Here's some of the best of my loot:


Turquoise gloves: Antique. Do you think they look like surgical gloves?
Scarf: Antique.
Shoes: Adorable vintage "wallaby" style boy shoes, thrifted.
Clutch: Thrifted.
Mini dresser jewelry holder: Thrifted.
This is possibly the strangest. It's a little southern man, and his hat and half his head come off and he opens up... My friend said he is a Decanter for alcohol? I could never drink out of this, it's going to sit on the windowsill and be admired.
Geese swimming in a circle ashtray: Thrifted.

I also got some clothes and subsequently had myself a little photoshoot.



This is a cute little dress that
I got at the thrift store, and I
like it because it reminds me
of summer and orange sherbert.
It also reminds me of a Bronte
sister or Emily Dickenson.








These are some bad ass vintage
polyester pants that remind
me of some sassy little granny
that I want to play pinochle with.














I'm in to granny fashion lately. It
both fascinates and perturbs me that this
sweater includes product from three
different kinds of animal. I'll let you
guess which animals!

Cortney took these amazing pictures of my outfits:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


80's one-piece jumper: thrifted
80's red dress: thrifted
80's real leather jacket: thrifed. This was the coolest, it's all damaged on one sleeve and shoulder so I think whoever owned it survived an amazing motorcycle spill. Or maybe not and that's why it's in the thrist store.... ummmm....
Shoes: Thrifted.
Scarf: Antique.

What a perfect weekend, full of fuzzy feelings and burried treasure! Enough action for the whole family to get involved:


5 comments:

Eyeliah said...

Great details of finds. :-) that motorcycle jacket will be rediculously versatyle.

SOS! said...

your vintage collection is lovely.. the jumpsuit, turquise gloves, and peach dress are so pretty.

xx-LJ from SOS!

Fayoona said...

i am very jealous of all your thrifty finds. i wanted to rummaging today in charity shops but i had to do a silly essay for college.
Fi, the other one from SOS
xx

Anonymous said...

I like the incorporation of Tate. She really gets me wanting all those objects. Did you get the idea of placing a little pussycat perfectly right in the mix from your vintage playboy? :) I love this!

Unknown said...

Haha, thanks people! And thanks for commenting, Joanna... as for Tate, she needs to photographer's direction, she takes it upon herself to get into my photoshoots :~)

hop on