Monday, February 9, 2009

Why Texis ain't so bad after all...


Because Texas has Austin!
And what does Austin have?
A quirky alternative downtown and BREATH-TAKING vintage shopping. This is a town where vintage items are fairly priced and treated like what they are-- USED CLOTHING, rather than the plotnick diamond prices you see when vintage shops are sparse. There are so many that they actually have to have competitive prices, and where else can you walk for miles of shopping and drop into multiple different kitschy antiquey shops without ever climbing into an automobile? This is a town after my own heart.
    
Peter-pan collar dress: Vintage from the 50's, found in Austin!
Shoes: Thrifted
Clutch: Vintage, thrifted.
Happy expression: The warm weather!

8 comments:

Eyeliah said...

Such an adorable find.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

peter pan collars were an inspiration for an upcoming post with good reason...this is adorbs!

chelsea said...

I am in love with those sunglasses.
Like,
a lot.

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies!! I too have been contemplating the post-potential of peter pan collars, I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with :~)

E.K. said...

Cool dress. Great blog.

AsianCajuns said...

What an awesome outfit! I love that dress.
I've been wanting to go to Austin for a while now- your post convinced me that I need to buy a plane ticket!

Unknown said...

Thank you EK and AsianCajun (I never know which one I'm talking to ha), DO go to Austin!! It has warm weather, delicious mexican food, and enough shopping to empty your trust fund :~)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for feature my little town in your blog, I can count all the reasons why I love austin and you just featured one of them :)

hop on