Monday, October 5, 2009

Fashion Undead or OFF WITH ITS HEAD?

If you're still out there, sorry for the radio silence! My mind has been brimming with post ideas, unfortunately my schedule and camera have not been so cooperative. So I thought I'd do another one of these features to get back into the swing of things and see if anyone is still interested! 

Today's featured item is kind of a tribute to the last breath of Summer:
The Funky and Fabulous (or Frumpy and Fugly?) High-Waisted Denim Shorts!

  

Usually I'm neutral or unsure about the clothes I put in Fashion Undead, but this week I have to admit I am biased in favor of these 80's shorts! I've worn them myself several times and always feel super giddy and fun when I have them on and ready for summer mischief. I actually had to wrestle with myself a bit to put them into the etsy shop, convinced that they would be scooped up instantly. Not so. In fact, no one so much as "hearts" them! This combined with the lukewarm responses of my friends and family whenever I say "Don't you love my shorts?" has got me reevaluating their awesomeness. 

They are obviously kind of dorky. The biker-short length with the lace, the high-waistedness with the pleats, let's just say it doesn't contribute to a sex-kitten silhouette. But am I the only one that thinks there's something kind of appealing about the dorkiness? They remind me of something a character from the Baby-Sitter's Club would wear while riding her bike in a safe, well-manicured suburb in 1989.


But of course the point of all this isn't to try and convert everyone into 80's shorts lovers, but to find out the opinions of all the varied stylish ladies and gents of the blogiverse! Do these shorts deserve a sentimental place in the denim history museum? Or should they be banished into an unmarked box in the basement for another 20 years?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Fashion Undead or Off with their HEAD?? (Please visit these shorts at Chictopia to participate in the poll if you are so inclined).
Post a Comment

subscribe by email

hop on