Sunday, May 17, 2009

Zombies on the Move...

To China!


Top: Vintage silk undershirt, gift from my aunt.
leggings: Probably target.
Sweater: Vintage 1940's
Granny shoes: Thrifted
Necklace: found amongst mom's forgotten costume jewelry
Suitcase: my astronomer found it at a yardsale.
Panda head purse: our chinese friend gave it to me when he came to visit last summer.

My dear readers,
as much as I hate to leave you for three weeks, I love an adventure more, so it's off to China for me! My mother and I are going together to attend a wedding of some Chinese friends in Chengdu. While we're there, we decided to also spend time in the bigger cities of Shanghai and Beijing. Featured above is my very comfortable airplane outfit. For the most part, I'm letting fashion slide and erring on the side of practical (ew!) but I'm able to do so for the sake of travel. Not to mention there is a TON of fashion and cheap shopping to be done in the big cities so I need plenty of empty suitcase space to fill! I am quite looking forward to bargaining in the open markets and perusing the counterfeit DVD and handbag market. Also, as a language enthusiast, I have tried to learn a bit of mandarin and I look forward to seeing how that goes. I hope I can pick up a lot of interesting culture and share a lot of experiences with my dear ma! I also hope that we will not drive each other too crazy. Ha, just kidding, of course, mother. In the meantime, I look forward to sharing all my pictures and catching up with all your blogs when I get back!
XOXO 
-Katie

21 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Oh my goodnes how exciting, darling! I wish you the most fabulous journey ever! Good luck with the mandarin and don't forget to shop a lot and take tons of pics... Love your new profile photo, btw.

Bon voyage, sweetie!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I want to go! Hope you have fun, you look adorable! ^_^

Em said...

China! Oh wow have a blast, well definitley miss your awesome outfit posts. Cant wait to see the many pictures when you return! xoxo

muchlove said...

you're going to China?! How exciting! Hope you have lots of fun exploring and taking it all in.

prettyneons said...

WHOA THAT IS AN ADVENTURE AND A HALF!
HAVE TON'S OF FUN, AND DO POST SOME PIC'S.
PeAce & BoWs...
prettyneons X

PS...I adore your blog and the whole vibe of it too (:

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Bon voyage! Hope you have a great trip, sounds like a lovely adventure, you don't get to go to China everyday!


Safe traveling!
xo
Sophie

Flashes of Style said...

You look so lovely! I adore this look :)

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Hope you have a safe and marvelous trip I cant wait to see what you bring back
♥Darla

La Mimi said...

Oh my!
that sounds so exciting! You are gonna have such a fab time! Please do take lots of pictures :)
I'm also going on a trip to Italy next week! Can't wait
xoxo
Mimi

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

have an amazing trip! i love the vintage brief case!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Isabel said...

So, I just discovered your blog through Liebemarlene and I absolutely love it! Your style is crazy adorable. :) Thanks for posting your looks to inspire little people like me.

Unknown said...

fantastic haircut! enjoy china! jealous...

Eyeliah said...

Oh have a great time!!!! Your new hair will do great in the heat.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Wow! Lucky you. I hope your really enjoy it and the spicy food does burn too much (my sister has spent a lot of time in China).
P.S. The great thing about embarrassing childhood stories is that at some point they stop being embarrassing. :)

DaisyChain said...

Enjoy!
I cannot get over how amazing your hair is

Unknown said...

i want your suitcase, i really do. granny shoes, i like too. have a fun trip. most of my fave shoes are from china. they're cheap and comfortable.

Jen said...

Love the little suitcase!! And yay for going to China, exciting!!

Tiger' said...

Panda bag is so cute !

Eyeliah said...

haha! Was just thinking, where has Katie been and oh yeah - in China! lol

Unknown said...

You people are the best, thanks for caring about my adventure and wondering where I am! I've missed your blogs and comments so much and I can't wait to get back in the know :~)

On On said...

wow tooooooooo cute!!!

I love Panda... and just bought a Morn Creations Bag from the following Blogshop:
panda.cwahi.net

Share with you the photos of my lovely panda tote bag tmr... hehe

hop on