Sunday, April 7, 2013

Do it at home! Exfoliating Sugar Scrub

If you're like me, then your skin is probably dry and itchy and complaining about being cooped up in long sleeves/leggings for the last few months. Get ready to debut your largest organ for spring with an inexpensive, easy to make shower scrub! 


This is an "if I can do it so can you" guarantee! Don't buy expensive exfoliating scrubs when you have these simple ingredients at home:

1. Sugar (white, brown, sugar cain, whatever)
2. Oil (I use olive oil because it's usually on hand, but almost any kind will work and have different benefits for your skin).

Those are the two basic ingredients to a natural, inexpensive scrub. Optionally you can add these other favorites of mine:

3. Dr. Bronner's soap in your favorite scent to add some lather to your scrub.
4. Essential oil in your favorite scent. I like lavender.


Ridiculously Easy Directions: Start with sugar and slowly add oil (liquid is best) while fluffing with a fork. I always overestimate how much oil I need but there is no official proportion, it's just till it reaches a consistency you like. I like mine pretty dry. If you add Dr. Bronner's, only use a little bit because it can get slimy. Be sure to figure it in to your sugar to liquid ratio. If you don't add Dr. Bronner's, just a few drops of essential oil will do nicely for aroma.

To Use: This scrub is for in-shower use. Just scoop a bit into your hands and gently rub into skin where TLC is needed until it dissolves. Rinse like you normally would.

If you make this scrub, play around with adding other herbs and natural ingredients too! With fresh, fragrant ingredients, I can't imagine how you could go wrong. Let me know how it goes!

Post a Comment

subscribe by email

hop on