Tuesday, March 20, 2012

so long, winter

Yellow like a sweet
canary, yet skimming the
earth, water-bird style.
Some skirts cary warmer days
in just the thought of their hue.

Another outfit from several weeks ago. It must be old because such length and layers would be unthinkable now. I wish I'd worn this skirt more during the brief winter; it's long and oh so warm, but I think the bold bright yellow threw me off. I tend to be a muted-toned dresser in the muted-toned seasons.  Still glad I picked it up for a few dollars at (I think) Last Chance Thrift Store; some cold days are just begging for a bit of color, and sometimes it's your job to bring it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wearing
Knit yellow skirt from Last Chance Thrift Store (?)
Lace up boots from Underground Atlanta
Gray shirt from Rainbow
Jessica Simpson brand scarf gift from grandma
Bow barrette gift from Korean student ;)

9 comments:

Lydia Armstrong said...

Winter leaves me craving color that bright. It's such a pretty yellow too. Maybe if you have some cooler spring days, you can still get some mileage out of it.

Jeannie Marie said...

I love yellow in winter and cold spring days. This is a day brightener!

Isabel Bianchi said...

I do love the color! You should wear it more often! Is great! and i do love too the mustard bow and your scarf!!
xoxo
MY LITTLE SUEDE SHOES

Violet Folklore said...

It's a darling skirt, and totally perfect with the scarf and bow! It seems like it'd be great for spring with a little pink or blue top too :-)

Rachel Louisa. said...

I love it!

I look lame in yellows and oranges, but always think they're so cheering in cold weather.

Unknown said...

very nice pics!!!!!
WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
bloglovin follower

mispapelicos said...

You are so gorgeous and springy in that wonderful attire, my dear gorgeous.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

StylishByNature said...

What a lovely color...You look FAB !!

Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
♡ StylishByNature.com

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I think I have to buy a skirt this ort of style and lenght it looks great and I think for windy England is great! One of the things of why I don't wear a lot of skirt is because can be windy in here and you end up flashing your bottom to everybody! Not nice! so this looks like the save option ;)

hop on